PGD International Business Level 7
In the 21st century businesses are more globally integrated than ever before meaning international business expertise is highly sought after to understand the dynamic conditions and opportunities within a global market. Organisations need managers with skills in this field if they are to achieve their international aspirations.
Why PGD International Business ?
This challenging course will suit those who have aspirations to manage in an international context and would either like to enhance career opportunities in this field or develop an existing career for the purposes of progression. Core to the course is an understanding of managing company operations and dealing with issues such as financial performance, all within a diverse and multicultural arena to enhance your international perspective.
You will gain in-depth knowledge about the dynamic nature of global business environments and an understanding of international entrepreneurial activity, as well as experiencing industry based trips and professional speakers that will enhance your practice awareness. The aim of this course is to equip you with effective management and operational processes that will enable you to pursue a career path to managerial positions.
- Offers a holistic perspective on international business taking in strategic and logistical issues such as decision making, business strategy, multinational enterprise, financial analysis and supply chain management
- This course is taught by academics who have research expertise in MNE innovation strategy, emerging market strategies, SME internationalisation, strategic marketing and international HRM
- You will be able to enhance your understanding of practice through industry trips and attending talks by guest speakers
- Access to the Chartered Management Institute’s Management Direct resource hub where you will find thousands of online resources, creative tools for problem solving and interactive scenarios to aid self-directed learning
What you will study on the PGDip International Business Management?
Expanding your knowledge and understanding of the theories that inform contemporary international business practice, this course begins with a base of learning in the fundamental areas of strategy and management in a globalised business environment. Once the basics are in place you will explore areas around decision making, trade and enterprise, while selecting from a number of modules that allow you to pursue knowledge in areas you feel are most appropriate to your interests and career aspirations. The aim of the learning is for you to gain the necessary skills to enable you to manage people and organisational activities in dynamic environments and manage products and services within international markets. You will end the course by utilising the knowledge and skills you have learnt to shape and complete your own international management project.
There are three different awards available for this course;
- PG Certificate route comprises two 30 credit modules
- PG Diploma route comprises two 30 credit modules and four 15 credit modules
|International Financial Management||7||15||60|
|Marketing International Business: Branding ,Communication and Relationships||7||25||60|
|Optional Units (learner must achieve 35 credits from units below)|
|Human Resource Management||7||15||60|
|Corporate Communication Strategies||7||10||30|
|Economics for Business||7||15||60|
|Manage Continuous Organisational Improvement||7||15||60|
|Personal Leadership and Management Development||6||10||40|
|Sustainable Business Strategy||7||10||40|
Entry Requirement :
You will be assessed through assignment and your International Business Management Project
Progression Route :
The qualification is designed to allow entry to and/or enhance progression in a wide range of management roles in the public, private or charitable sectors. CQHE Education currently has articulations in place for entry onto MBA International Business and other master’s level qualifications with a number of universities.