Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management 120 Credit
Equivalent to year 1 of a 3 year UK honours degree
The Level 4 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L4DB) makes up the first year of the CQHE Education Business Degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of a business degree in the UK university system.
You will be introduced to the many different aspects of international business in today’s world. Embarking on the qualification you will be exposed to both academic and vocational aspects of a wide range of subjects, enabling you to gain the necessary knowledge and skills vital for a career in business or further studies.
On successful completion of the qualification you will be able to continue your studies on the CQHE Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L5DB) or at a UK university, or work in one of the many areas of the business world.
CQHE Education is regulated to award the Level 4 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L4DB) (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England…
For entry onto the CQHE Education L4DB qualification you must have at least one of the following:
- CQHE Education International Foundation Year (IFY) or Level 3 Diploma in Business (QCF) (L3DB).
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the CQHE Education IFY or L3DB qualification. This shall be agreed with CQHE Education in advance.
- Vocational experience which is deemed suitable by CQHE Education.
If you’re a potential student whose first language is not English, you will need to obtain a valid score of 5.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. Alternatively, take the free CQHE Education Higher English Placement Test, which is administered by our Accredited Partner Centres.
You must study the following eight core units:
- Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management. You will be taught the key elements in planning and decision-making and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
- Fundamentals of Economics – covers fundamental economic theories and concepts which are applied in decision-making in a business environment. You will gain an understanding of the economic environment and its effect upon business organisations and their markets.
- Communications for Business – gives an introduction to a wide range of skills for business professionals. You will cover the production of various types of documents and presentations as well as the skills needed to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Understanding Business Organisations – introduces the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisations as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Business Ethics – covers a range of techniques and formulae to support your business studies and develop your ability to make informed business decisions. You will also be taught to present and analyse business data.
- Introduction to Finance – introduces the basic concepts and techniques of financial and managerial accounting. It considers the role of accounting in recording and reporting financial performance and in providing information to decision makers.
- E-Business – explores a wide range of applications for e-Commerce and the use of these in solving business problems. You will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and their major impact on the business world.
- Principles of Marketing – examines the role and value of marketing in today’s increasingly competitive and dynamic environment. You will practise marketing principles in order to analyse, plan and implement policies to achieve marketing and corporate objectives.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by either examination or assignments.
On successful completion of CQHE Education’s Level 4 Diploma in Business (QCF) you will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of business principles and concepts. You will also gain a solid foundation and a breadth of knowledge in business management, economics and e-Business, and improve your research and lifelong learning skills.
The qualification allows student’s entry to either the CQHE Education Level 5 Diploma in Business (QCF) (which is equivalent to year 2 of a typical UK Honours degree) or the second year of many UK university degree courses, or enables you to pursue a career in the business industry.