Level 3 Award in Intermediate Food Hygiene
18 Hours (3 Days)
To provide candidates with an understanding of food safety requirements and the necessary knowledge to effectively control and minimise the risks involved.
- Understand the principles of food safety and the related legislation
- Be able to identify and analyse food safety hazards
- Understand how contamination occurs
- Understand correct storage, temperature control and preservation methods
- Describe the importance of kitchen design and cleaning procedures in relation to food hygiene and safety
- Understand safe food handling and how to prevent pest contamination
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through the CIEH. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for safety procedures during the production and preparation of food.